Sunday, July 19, 2026

This past week flew by. My 3 day work conference wasn't so bad. I got to hang out with my teacher friends for 3 days AND I got a stipend for attending. Heck yes! On Thursday I made treats to take to Arco for the Beal reunion and we headed out in the late afternoon. For the first time and who knows if it will be the last time, my sister Kelsey actually prepared all of the meals for all of us. Her meals were amazing and it was so fun and easy for us to just all eat together. In the past different families would be trying to make their own food and the meals we tried to eat together were more chaotic. Her efforts made it SOOO great. The cousins this time also played together the entire time. All ages were playing some sort of tag game for hours, even in the dark. Friday morning we went and hiked Lower Cedar Creek Falls. I thought I hadn't done it for years but we literally did it 2 summers ago. I was able to force Piper to go and she survived so that was a win. John did not enjoy the hike, it's not his thing. He also fell at one point and grabbed stinging nettle to catch his fall, not great. The hike was my favorite part. After the hike some people played water baseball for a long time. We actually had a little skit/talent show that night for a minute and people actually participated. I did not see this coming. It was short and sweet and actually a fun part of the night. My sister in law Rachel is BIG into running and she decided to do the 5K race on Saturday morning so I decided to do the 10K. I've only gone running a couple of times this summer but I've been working out a lot. I was able to run the entire time which was great. Last summer when I tried to run I couldn't run more than a mile without stopping for a bit. I think it was taking my body longer to recover post baby in my 40s. I'm happy that my body can handle running better this year. After the parade we had lunch and headed back to Boise. John likes having a day before going back to work. It's been nice to be back home. Arco made me tired. I took a fat nap today! With kid arrangements I will have my kids for basically the rest of July and then I won't have them for a few weeks in August. I'm glad my last weeks of summer I can hang out with them. 

Being in the hammock with my boys!

Corbin participating in a skit.

Rachel and her son Hudson got 1st in the 5K! I got 3rd in the 10K, there might have only been 3 girls... but I didn't stop and that's all that mattered to me.


Waiting for the parade.

John's Happy Hike Face!

The hiking crew.


Corbin-pitcher, Ryan-batter, Gabby-1st base

Kelsey's baby Harper fell asleep in my lap. She's a cutie.


Piper touching the water fall.

We played some lightning. John verses Colin at one point. 



Cousins! Missing quite a few. Haha.


Playing Skyjo, I need to get this game.

Baddies.

So many people.


Kelsey and Justin! ALL THE GOLD STARS!

Jory brought a craft.

More hammock time!





 

No comments:

Post a Comment