Sunday, September 20, 2026

Well, I lied, school is not settling down. The Boise School District is changing their grading system officially next school year. I've been dreading it for a few years and I decided to try to tackle it and try to implement it this year. I don't really understand how to do it and I'm bumbling my way through. We have learning intentions that students need to have evidence to prove learning. I'm having to look at all of my current curriculum and either justify/get rid/or build new to fit into the learning intentions. I also have to figure out what actually qualifies as evidence and what can go in the gradebook. It's a whole thing. I think it will take at least 3 years before I feel good about it. It's a very time consuming process and I spend a lot of time on the weekend getting ready for my lessons the following week. Good times!

Corbin put in his two weeks notice because his boss kept giving him too many hours. He is doing A LOT of homework right now, more than he's ever had to do, so I think that's fine. Gabby has decided to live with me during the school year because it's closer to Centennial and she doesn't like to drive further so that's been new (and exciting for me). Piper is doing a good job staying on top of her grades without her meds. She doesn't like being on medication which is fine but she does have a lot of homework and I just have to make sure she gets it done. Ryan is doing well with 7th grade although he is adjusting to more homework this year as well. 

I put up my Halloween décor, it was time! Well, that's about it. 
I like to get things premeasured to save time in cooking labs and my TA left all of the cheese out. I didn't catch it. I was very sad coming into my classroom the next morning. Wah Wah.

Just a man and his dog.

Piper with birthday goodies.

Because she's cute!

Halloween Things!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment