Sunday, August 30, 2026

I'm feeling a bit less underwater at school. It ebbs and flows, but the beginning of the year is always a little extra. I got my kids early since Utah Cannons will be coming up during my weekend with the kids. We celebrated Piper's birthday over the weekend since cooking seems to be my love language, and it's too hard to pull off during the school week. We had birthday breakfast, dinner, and cake over the weekend. This coming week is extra busy, so I also made 3 dinners ahead of time this weekend as well. I was cooking a lot. Oh, and the birthday girl also requested chocolate pumpkin cookies. Her birthday is actually on Wednesday, and she requested homemade pizza that day. I made the dough today. I've heard it can be good if it ages for a few days in the fridge. Fingers crossed; anything I can do ahead of time, I like to do. Piper will be turning 15! I can't believe it! One of my favorite things about Piper is that she gets VERY EXCITED over really simple things. I think that's fantastic. If you appreciate the little things, I think you are happier. 

I should have snagged a picture, but John spent almost the entire day on Saturday replacing Corbin's brake pads and a few other things on his truck. I sure love and appreciate all he does for the kids and me. 





No comments:

Post a Comment